How to Backup Recorded Video or Images
The XL Plus allows backup for video and still images. These can be recorded to a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. To backup video data you will first need to insert a CD/DVD or USB drive into the system.
- Insert a CD/DVD or USB flash drive into the system.
- Click on Playback ().
- Select the date time and which cameras you would like to backup and write this down.
- Click on Backup ().
- Select your begin time/date and end time/date.
- Click on the camera checkboxes from the device list on the right. If you have multiple cameras from the same time/date you may select them. If you have different cameras at different dates/times you will need to do them separately.
- If copying to a CD or DVD, check Burn to and select CD or DVD. (Please note that the recommended media types are CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW.). Make sure this matches your medium, being CD or DVD
- If the POS data is to be included in the video, check Backup POS Data.
- Click on the Check button at the bottom. This will tell you the file size in the Backup Data Size.
- Merge Unit will break the video into segments of the size specified. Change the unit to 2000.
- Click on the Backup button
- A blue bar will go across the bottom. Once it is finished (the bar will disappear, it may appear stuck on 100% for a while depending on backup size), the Backup Data Size will return to 0 and the cameras will be unchecked, click Remove USB. DO NOT REMOVE THE FLASH DRIVE FROM THE NVR.
- Click on Exit. This may take a few moments after clicking on Remove USB.
- Repeat steps 4-13 to backup other times and cameras.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the system.
- You can now play the video from any computer that will play .AVI video files.
Still images from Playback can also be saved to a USB flash drive. To save a picture to USB or CD/DVD:
- Click Screenshot (). Select which camera the image is from.
- Give the file a name, please do not use spaces or special characters.
- Click on OK.
- To save a picture to a USB flash drive, click on Search Images ().
- Select the Channel (camera).
- Select the image or just individually.
- After selecting the image, click on Copy or Copy All.
- When finished, click on Remove USB.
- Click on Exit.
- If desired, go back into Search Images and delete the images by clicking on Delete or Delete All.
This video will give you an overview about backing up both recorded video and still images.